Please know, we will never ask you for your social security number, debit card PIN, or account number when verifying fraudulent activity on your account.
NEVER GIVE OUT BANK INFORMATION
Don’t give out your bank information over the phone or via email unless you are certain of the source.
USE YOUR DEBIT CARD RESPONSIBLY
Choose to use your PIN for better fraud protection. Also, using your card within your mobile wallet provides protection from stolen or misused card information.
DON’T FALL FOR MONEY MULE SCAMS
If someone sends you a check or money and asks you to send it to someone else by purchasing a gift card or wiring money, this is known as a mule scam.
PAY ATTENTION TO WARNINGS
Be alert to warnings from your financial institution and news media of local scams.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS
Sign up in our CB2GO mobile app to get an alert every time a transaction clears your account.
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT:
- Place an initial fraud alert with one of the major credit reporting companies
- Request copies of your credit report.
- Make an identity theft report.
- Consider placing a security freeze on your credit report.
- All debit cardholders can contact Mastercard for assistance with identity theft at no cost at 1-800-Mastercard.